Emergency pet care
At AllPets Vets, our veterinary team is highly experienced when it comes to treating acute illness and injury so you can rest assured that your pet will be in great hands.
During our normal opening hours, if your pet has an urgent problem please contact us immediately. We will ensure that you are offered an appointment on a priority basis. Please make it clear to our reception team that the matter is not routine and we will do our utmost to attend to your pet as quickly as possible.
Call 01745 853 366 and press option ‘1’ for an emergency.
Out of hours emergency pet care
When we’re closed for the day, out of hours emergency care is provided by Vets Now in Colwyn Bay. They are fully equipped and ready to care for pets in an emergency.
Vets Now Telephone: 01492 485058
Address: 110 Abergele Rd, Colwyn Bay LL29 7PS
What is a pet health emergency?
Pet health emergencies aren’t exclusive to obvious trauma and open wounds. The conditions below also require emergency veterinary treatment:
- Acute severe lameness
- Breathing difficulties
- Collapse or significant weakness
- Difficulty urinating – particularly in male cats
- Eye problems
- Flystrike in rabbits & guinea pigs
- Ingestion of toxic substance or food
- Loss of thirst or appetite – rabbits especially
- Opens wounds with significant bleeding
- Snake or other animal bites
- Swallowing hazards – toys, food, socks, string etc.
- Swollen abdomen or retching – particularly in large dogs
- Trauma such as a road traffic accident, fall, or crushing injury
- Vomiting and/or diarrhoea for more than 24 hours, especially if depressed
The above list is not exhaustive. If you are concerned about your pet’s current health give us a call on 01745 853 366, or call Vets Now out of hours on 01492 485058.